Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Who's playing Jacob Black in New Moon???

Guess what everybody!! They have decided to keep Taylor Lautner on for New Moon to play Jacob Black! For those of you going huh?? there was some speculation going around that Chris Weitz was looking for other people to play our favorite Werewolf. They only were doing this simply because of Taylor's size. Some people were pushing for Michael Copon to play Jake:





(Taylor lautner left, Michael Copon right)

Honestly if this guy had been selected I would feel like part of the character was lost in the movie because the difference between Taylor and Michael is so dramatically different it doesn't even seem like it could be just an older version of Taylor. I'm glad they're keeping Taylor on and hope they do a good job with his size in the movie haha.


Here is the update on the Official Site of Stephenie Meyer reguarding Taylor.


------------------------------------------------------------------



January 7, 2009



Good news about New Moon from director Chris Weitz:


I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.


The characters in Stephenie's books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.
very best
Chris Weitz



I'd just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon—what was going to give us the best possible movie. I'm truly thrilled that Taylor was the one who proved to the director, to Summit, and to me that he is the best possible Jacob we could have. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he's going to bring to Jacob's character this year.



- Steph


-------------------------------------------------------------


I hope that they don't rush the film too badly. I know that they want to get it out as fast as possible for the fans and also get their pay-day, but would it hurt them to take a bit more time for it and make it a bit better? We'll have to find out how they do. New Moon is due out November 20 in the US later this year.

4 comments:

George and Karyn said...

I am excited that Taylor is still going to play Jacob. I think that if it was changed it would have just kinda messed the whole movie up. I can't wait til it comes out.

Unknown said...

Hey it's me (the girl in the pepsi bottle)
Could you please do me a favor?
Could you please put a post about my blog on your website please, it's just that I don't get many people coming to visit my site and it would be a big help.
Here's my site www.twilightvampiretohuman.blogspot.com

thanks

Unknown said...

Howd you get the news and stuff from Stephenie Meyer's official site onto you blog on a post. I tried to copy and paste from the website but it wouldn't work

Wolfgirl101 said...

I think that he is so cute and he is doing the best movie ever. I now own the DVD and i have watched it like a million times.